What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Wow

Here it is, blog #15. According to a correction my friend made to a previous post, it takes 28 days to create a new habit. Which means with #15, I'm more than halfway to making blogging an everyday thing. And that excites me, since my original goal was forcing myself to write daily.

It's easy to be an aspiring writer, but hard to reach that goal if I never actually finish writing anything. See, I'm excellent at starting. I've got a couple bins of fabric from when I started making scrapbooking bags; a few coding books from my brief interest in html/css; unfinished drawings from when I was in an artistic mood. And if you've been keeping up with my blogs you know about the bathroom door. So being on blog 15 is a big deal. It means I have hope to actually finish what I started. I notice my mindset shifting - instead of blogging being an occasional thing to do when it crosses my mind, I make time for it daily. I feel remiss if I try to go to bed without writing down something, ANYTHING, for the Stew. So if I can keep up with a blog, I can finish those bags/code my css for this page/complete that drawing and post the pic. And ultimately, you can pick up my completed book at your local retailer. ;)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: