What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Miles to go

JI need someone with OCD to move in. I woke up this morning and decided I'd clean today. I watched an episode of Enough Already on OWN and got all motivated. Until I started and quickly realized why I have stagnant random stacks of crap in my house. I don't like to clean. But it's really not even that; I feel good when I've gotten through a stack of papers or a pile of clothes and everything is in its place. I can't stand devoting a weekend of my life organizing, straightening, polishing, and scrubbing only to have other people come along and, in the act of everyday living, wreck my work. It wouldn't be so bad if everyone did their jobs - the kids are on kitchen and laundry detail; my hubby and I handle the bedroom, bathroom, dining room, and living room. Yet there are still clothes not washed, beds not made, rooms not clean. Yeah, yeah, I should do a little daily to stay up on it. I do, but it never seems like enough. And while I'm not on hoarder status, I'd feel better if I knew I had kindred spirits out there. Other people like me whose homes don't look like tv commercials and take more than a few minutes to get "company ready". This is an official call to all my fellow somewhat unkempt compadres. Comment on this post if its not just me that needs a maid with OCD or a visit from Peter Walsh.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

2 comments:

robYn! said...

Have you been to my house? It's a mess!

Anonymous said...

I'm currently looking at a random stack of crap as I type this...apparently we aren't the only ones!