What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Work hard, play harder

I spoke with a woman this week who told me, "you're always working!" I thought about that...I guess I am. Between the main job, the side job, cooking, cleaning, doing hair, and being the student taxi, I'm always doing something. But even when I have down time, I don't take it to play. I'm trying to stay one step ahead, get a jump on my ever-growing task list for tomorrow. When did life get un-fun? As I drove the kids out to play laser tag, I started to reminisce on all the fun I had as a child. Why can't I still have fun in my thirties? I can, I just don't choose to. I'm too busy on the grind to enjoy what I'm grinding for. So, I'm slowing down, putting a job or two on hiatus. It's time to go roller skating, try skiing, and take an excursion. The kids shouldn't be the only ones having fun.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: