What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ah, shaddup!

A lot of problems in life are caused when we talk too much. Think about it. From airing all the dirty laundry on national tv to not asking for a lawyer before they spill their guts on the First 48, people get caught up when they tell all the biz. Some folks (like those on daytime tv and First 48) deserve to get caught. Others just make themselves look stupid. Like those "I'm about to..." people. I'm about to get a new car/another job/a role on Days of Our Lives. But whenever you see them, they're riding the BMX/working at the same place/still watching DOL. And none of those things are bad, except they've told everyone they know how they're ABOUT to do this or ABOUT to do that. I was one of those people, always ABOUT to do something. But, when things didn't go as planned, I had to go back and recant all my statements and explain why this, that, and the other didn't happen. So, I shut up. I quit broadcasting my intentions and started doing. Actions speak louder than words, and DONE goes further than ABOUT any day.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: