What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ain't nothin to it but to do it

I'm blogging from my phone today, as my daughter is monopolizing my computer to finish her report. Did I mention the girl had at least 4 weeks to put it together? I suppose I can't blame her; procrastination is in her blood. My husband and I are the king and queen of Procrastination. We remodeled our bathroom (ourselves) three years ago and scrapped our bathroom door, thinking we'd just replace it. Little did we know the old door was a custom size and substantially better quality than the flimsy $30 one I picked up at the Depot.  Fast forward through a frantic search, a makeshift door, a piss poor handyman, and some sheer determination and (3 years later) I now have a perfectly sized puerto.  Its on hinges, has a knob, and a working lock.  Normal things you'd never even consider for a bathroom, until you don't have them. And to think it took $5 bucks for the new door, $8 for the lock, $1 for some shims, and 2 hours to eliminate THREE years of procrastination. Now if I can only teach my daughter how simple it is to be like Nike and just do it.

No comments: