What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Friday, January 21, 2011

Hurry up and...wait

I hate waiting. Like most other Americanized folks, I want what I want when I want it. I don't want to stand in line, or wait for a phone call, or check for an elusive email. Get to me now, answer me now, give it to me N-O-W. Patience is a virtue and I'm just not that virtuous. But, I've found that barring doing a strong arm robbery for my w2s or threatening bodily harm to the chef taking too long with my chicken parmesan, waiting is an inevitable part of life. If I want it done well and/or right, I have to wait. My dad's phrase was "poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part." And he's right. It may not always be poor planning, but just because I want something doesn't mean whatever I want will magically appear. If that was the case, there'd be no waiting list for kidneys, no need for unicef or the red cross, and no homeless broadcasters waiting to be rediscovered. But life doesn't work like that. So as frustrating, annoying, and downright aggravating waiting is, it's an unavoidable fact of life. Get a good book, make some popcorn, pull up a chair, and hurry up and wait.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: