What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Friday, February 11, 2011

Use What You Got

I like to consider myself a pretty resourceful person.  Here we are, still days away from payday, and I was able to mix the sparse contents of our refrigerator into a dish to feed four people.  Interested in the recipe?  See below.

You'll need
(4) medium potatoes, peeled and diced into large pieces
(3) stalks of celery, diced
1/2 small onion, diced
(1) package of link sausage (turkey or chicken), cut up
3/4c. water
1 tbsp vegetable oil

Heat oil in a medium skillet on medium-high heat.  Add potatoes, celery, and onion and let cook until potatoes start to turn clear, stirring frequently.  Lower heat and add half of the water.  Add sausage and season to taste.  Cover and let cook until water starts to bubble, stirring occasionally.  Add the remaining water and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft.  Serve and enjoy!

Also...
Today marks the one month mark of my Twitter experiment.  Since joining Twitter, downloading Tweetdeck on my phone, and updating my Facebook daily with my new posts, my stats have increased exponentially.  Page views over the month are up by 300; I have 9 people following my blog; and 10 followers on Twitter.  Not spectacular stats, but in all the experiment seems to be working.  I'll keep soliciting and see what happens in February.  Follow me @cerebralstew if you don't already!  :)

No comments: