What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Cut Above

I'm watching one of my favorite shows, CBS Sunday Morning, and one of today's stories is about Vidal Sassoon. He was arguably the first signature hairstylist in the 70s & 80s. I remember using Sassoon shampoo and vaguely recall blowing my mane out with a Sassoon hair dryer, but that's not what caught my attention. He made a statement about a bout with pneumonia that almost killed him. When asked how he felt about his ordeal, he said he was okay with dying, as he's had a great adventure and done more than he imagined. I instantly wondered if I could say the same. Am I happy with the life I've led so far? Parts of it are great, but others can definitely use improvement. Here's the thing though, Vidal used his skills, determination, and stubbornness to turn his nothing into something. I don't need a hair empire, but I definitely need to hone my talents into something more worthwhile than a job I merely tolerate. How? I don't know. But I can't make any progress standing still. So thanks Vidal Sassoon, for providing today's kick in the butt. And on that note...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: