What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Get ya hustle on!

On snowy days like today, I think of one thing I haven't seen in a long time...kids offering to shovel the driveway. What happened to all the enterprising youth, knocking door to door, eager to make some money? When I was younger, it was a battle of who could get bundled up first, get out, and start hitting their neighbors houses. We even had to do good work, or the next guy would get the business. Now, I'm doing well to see a random kid walking across the street, much less deliberately outside with a shovel. What happened? Is the draw of technology (xbox/ps3, computer, tv, phones, etc) greater than the prospect of having their own funds? Or is the thought of doing actual physical labor the deterrent? Maybe it's simpler...cold + no gloves = snowy sidewalks. Who knows. I know I could use some extra gas money, so children in snowy states beware! I have gloves, I'm not afraid of hard work, and I bring my own snow blower. Don't be surprised if you see my 30+ year old behind getting my hustle on, throwing snow in your direction. And I'm taking my hustle to the bank.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

No comments: