What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hallelujah

It's amazing what good company, a couple if long islands, and an unconventional church service can do for the psyche. Yes, I know liquor and church don't usually mix, but today, they were just the right cocktail to get me through my bout of depression. You see, I'm bummed. I'd been waiting for good news, and today found out I didn't get it. I didn't feel like leaving my house, much less meeting with smiling happy people I'd have to explain my mood to. I decided to go anyway; at the very least, I could drown my sorrows in something harder than cran-apple juice. Turns out some sympathetic company and a super bowl sermon were just what I needed. While I realize my situation could be 1000x worse, I needed a reminder that everyone goes through trials on their roads to redemption. And as I lament over my temporary road block, I know things will get better. Everything isn't for everyone. My opportunity is still out there; when it's meant for me it will come. And although I'm not done being bummed, my spirits are a bit buoyed. Hallelujah!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

No comments: