What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Finally

I think we can all agree that the media has a lot to do with how we perceive our world, especially those in it.  And, while I'm as amused as the next person by A&E's Police Women of Cincinnati, it's about time we put some positive images of black people to the forefront.  The link below is to a young man, Alan Lawson aka "Alwizzy", who not only uses his talents for entertainment, but is creating a name for himself that isn't preceeded by "Fugitive Captured." I figured if the media can't put his name out there, I can at least reach as many people as possible between my blog, Twitter, and Facebook page.  Hopefully you'll be inspired and do the same.  Check out his classical twist to a popular song (although I'll never support the black and yellow/black and yellow/black and yellow/black and yellow).  Maybe the next time you see this kid, he'll be out of the shadows of negative black images and center stage.  You'll know which one he is (look for the violin).

Click here for his video

No comments: