What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Monday, April 11, 2011

I made it to 100!

Wow!  When I started this blogging journey, my goal was to simply blog for 2 weeks, because that's honestly how long I thought I would keep it up.  But here I am, Post 100, and I've done pretty well keeping up with a post a day.  In honor of post #100, I went through my collection of daily joyrides to see which kernels of knowledge from the past 100 days are worth passing on.  These are the ones I liked (in no particular order); check out How to Get a Life that Doesn't Suck to sign up for your own.

  1. I do not participate in any sport that has ambulances at the bottom of the hill. - Erma Bombeck
  2. The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone. - Harriet Beecher Stowe
  3. Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all they have. - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
  4. For the most part, fear is nothing but an illusion.  When you share it with someone else, it tends to disappear.  - Marilyn C. Barrick
  5. There are two ways of exerting one's strength: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up.  - Booker T. Washington
  6. Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open. - Thomas Dewar
  7. You gotta live every day like it’s your last because one day you’ll be right.  - Frank Sinatra
  8. Gratitude is riches.  Complaint is poverty.  - Doris Day
  9. True friends are those who really know you but love you anyway.  - Edna Buchanan
  10. As I grow to understand life less and less, I learn to love it more and more. - Jules Renard
  11. Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss
  12. The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing. - Stephen Covey
  13. Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end. - Unknown
  14. You miss 100% of the shots you never take.  - Wayne Gretzky
  15. Do it NOW!  As Soon As Possible is too damn late.  - Pat Croce
and finally, this one, from Michelle DeAngelis' "dear friend Sue"
Funny thing about progress.  If you beat yourself up for not making progress, you end up not making progress.

No comments: