What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Monday, April 25, 2011

Awwww

Did you know flowers could drown?  I knew they could drown in the pot, but in the ground?  We've had record rainfall for April, but I never thought it would kill my blooming plants.  Last fall, my daughter and I replanted the flower bed with tulip, daffodil, and hyacinth bulbs after some animals munched on my old ones.   This year they came up great and started to blossom...until April showers set in.  Ground-soaking rains have flooded my driveway, and consequently the runoff killed my fledgling plants.  Did it kill them for good or for the time being?  I don't have the answer to that.  I do know the Mother Nature won't give us our next dry day until Thursday, so all I can do is wait.

No comments: