What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Deep Fried Demerits

We've all done dumb things as kids.  Sneaking out only to tell on ourselves later when we think we've been caught; forging our parents signatures onto a less-than-great report card.  One of my shining moments was using a shovel to clean snow (and a couple layers of paint) off my dad's car.  Today, I'm tacking on a new addition to the list of "stupid stuff we did as children."  My child recently had a note sent home about an incident at school.  Apparently embarrassed and watching way too many spy shows, my "clever" offspring chose to get rid of the evidence by eating the note.  Yes, I said eating it.  I guess cartoon spies make it look easy on TV, because my brilliant child couldn't get the demerit down and was forced to spit it into the trash.  So, they fess up to the deed and not only do I have to punish, I have to do it without laughing.  You ate it?  Really?  Of all the things you could've done:

  • forged my name
  • flushed it
  • threw it away
  • burned it
  • "accidentally" washed it
you chose to attempt eating it?  Who does that?

This was so crazy I had to post it to the blog.  No goofy deed should go unpunished, so I now have an indentured servant - scratch that - a slave for the next 2 weeks.  And for dinner, I decided to make deep-fried demerits.  Hungry?  

No comments: