What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Why waste time

I've been pretty busy this week, so here's yesterday's stew. I'll post today's tomorrow. Confused yet? ;)

Last night I sat in as a guest critic for an architectural drafting class. My job was to review students' final projects and make sure they followed the directions, did the research, and could explain why they did what they did. The class was moving along when this arrogant jerk got up and basically tried to half ass his way through his presentation. And when we asked him to explain why his project didn't meet the requirements or make sense, he made excuses, then told us we didn't know what we were talking about. I couldn't help but wonder why he was there. I mean, if you don't listen, you don't do work, you don't care, then why bother? College isn't for everyone. Orr maybe this program isn't for him. Either way, it was 45 minutes of my life his aimless, cocky ramblings robbed me of. So I asked him. "Why are you in school? Obviously, you already know everything, so why waste everyone's time?" The guy actually didn't have an answer for that one. Shocking.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: