What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Once in a Blue Moon

I just made a futile attempt to see the "super moon" in tonight's sky. According to USA Today and NASA, this is the largest perceived moon on Earth since 1993. I don't remember it back then, but I figured today it was worth a look. My moon was pretty hazy, since we've got thunderstorms rolling in. It didn't look much bigger than normal, but supposedly the best time to see it was right as it broke the horizon. Of course, USA Today had a great shot. Theirs was so close I thought I'd see E.T. and that annoying little boy on the bike fly past. But, because I'm one of the few people who don't live with professional photographers or have access to Steven Spielberg special effects, I had to settle for my fuzzy glare and my imagination. Click here for the link to the story and the image.

No comments: