What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Sunday, March 20, 2011

T.r.o.y.

Me and hubby have been reminiscing about when we were young(er) - crazy stuff we used to wear, weird hairstyles, trends set by entertainers. I have at least 3 albums full of pics that make me say, "what the heck was I thinking?" Ooooh and I won't even mention all the monstrosities captured in middle and high school yearbooks. But it was fun - no permanent damage, we were cool (maybe?), and we got to express ourselves in the best way we knew how. Fast forward to now...sagging skinny jeans, hoochie coochie short shorts, super tight everything, tats, strange hair colors (froot loops ain't got nothing on some of the weaves I've seen)...I have to wonder if we would've gotten away with it. My parents definitely would've killed me for the tats and the damn near draws shorts...or would they? My parents were far from laid back "friend" types. They made it crystal clear who ran things. But they may not have flipped out the way I imagine. I mean the tats would've drawn ire since they are permanent, but as long as I could cover them up they might have just maimed me instead of killed me. The shorts and super tight clothes I wouldn't dare wear around them; the multi-colored hair would've elicited "you're the one who has to walk around like that." I guess my point is kids will always wear/do stuff that we parents think looks nuts. But as history repeats itself, we have to remember we did that, too - and someone somewhere has pictures to prove it.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: