What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Sunday, March 27, 2011

VC Who?

I'm not a huge basketball fan. March madness means nothing to me but missing a bunch of shows that usually come on the channels broadcasting the games. But, since I couldn't beat them, I joined in on the college bball craze and started watching. If I'd filled out a bracket, I'd never have pegged Virginia Commonwealth University to be in the final four, much less edge out Kansas to get there. I wanted them to win because in any sport, I root for the underdog. And to date nobody has been more of an underdog than them, blazing through their bracket to join a handful of #11 seeds in history to make it to where they are now. You've gotta love the five-foot-something Rodriguez and spectacular shooting Skeen, along with Coach Shaka Smart, who was probably the only guy who knew VCU was a threat before now. I don't know who will win, but people do know their name. VC who? VCU!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: