What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Monday, March 7, 2011

The Lint Lady

I love CBS News Sunday Morning.  I'm enlightened every time I watch and this Sunday was no different.  There was a story on a woman I'll call "The Lint Lady," who made huge works of art out of dryer lint.  Yep, the same stuff I flick out of my pockets when I'm looking for money became her medium of choice.  The story didn't get into how she chose dryer lint, instead focusing on her massive rendition of Da Vinci's Last Supper.  The 14-foot long piece now hangs in Florida's Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum.  But I'm curious; just how does the same pile of lint I scrap from my dryer filter become a muse to someone else?  I suppose that just like beauty, art is in the eye of the beholder.


No comments: