What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Facebook Forty-Day Fast

It's Ash Wednesday and although I've never practiced Lent before, I've been considering a fast.  But what to give up?  I thought about it and figured for me, the hardest thing would be my social networking - instant messengers, Facebook, Twitter, etc.  So, in honor of Lent, I'm cutting myself off from the IMs, the FB account, everything but the blog.  I'm not sure the exact rules, but I'll bend them to let me blog daily and post my blog via TweetDeck.  No reading posts, no checking my tags, no comments.  But this really sucks because my birthday is Friday...Maybe I'll bend the rules for Friday, too.  We'll see. 

Now I'm calling you out.  Can you give up Facebook for forty days?

1 comment:

robYn! said...

naw I ain't givin up fb. But since you ain't IMing I feel lonely! I have no one to talk to during the day. You are punishing me with your fast!!!