What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Cause She's My Sister"

I was sitting here wondering what I would write about today when I saw this story come up on Yahoo!  Anyone who knows me can attest I'm not a crier, but it moved me to tears.  Wow.  I don't know who I should commend first - the little girl for her quick thinking and her pure love for her sister, or the bus driver for her knowledge of CPR and fast acting to save a life.  My husband and I take turns watching our kids walk to the bus stop every morning - I always knew it was the right thing to do, but this story really hit home as to why we do it faithfully.  All it took was a split second - one grab, one hit, one decision to perform CPR.  Life can change dramatically in an instant.  This girl will grow up without a kidney or a leg, but she'll grow up.  She and her sister will both live to see another day.  Their mother will get to enjoy every moment with them as long as she has them.  All thanks to the grace of God and a selfless snap decision.

If you haven't heard about this, here's the link to the Yahoo! printed version
Here's the video of the story and the family.


If you want to donate to the Anaiah Rucker fund, contact United Bank Madison.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings!

Thank you for posting this poignant story in regards to the Anaiah Rucker fund. I will contribute in any way that I can.

Peace and Blessings,

Monique L. Akassi