What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Taste of Cincinnati

Maybe I'm becoming an old curmudgeon, but I'm not feeling these mass events anymore. The family and I went to the Taste of Cincinnati, an annual food festival which consists of booths along a few blocked off streets downtown. I used to love it; I'd stay for hours and sample just about everything Cincinnati had to offer. Today it was more of a chore than anything - elbowing and pushing our way through the throng of people to get to a booth, only to see the line for the vendor wrapped around the corner. Last year was a packed house too, but for some reason the crowd didn't bother me like today. I suppose I just wasn't in the mood for it. Maybe I'll try again before it's over on Monday. Or perhaps I'll just make a trip to Kroger and save myself the trouble and the gas.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: