What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Got Gas?

I was putting some petro in the tank when I witnessed a common occurrence at the pump. A guy was doing the double drive up maneuver - you know the one where you forget which side of the car the tank is on so you have to back up and try again. Well my aunt taught me a trick to avoid the double drive and check. There's an arrow next to or under the gas gauge which points to the side the tank is on. So instead of hanging your head out the window to search for it, you can simply look at the dashboard. But beware: not all cars have an arrow. And I'm not quite sure how the system works if the tank is accessed below the trunk. I guess it's not a foolproof system, but it can keep at least some of us from looking like fools.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: