What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Half an Egg

Today I got a crazy hankering for a German chocolate cupcake.  A super moist, melts in your mouth chocolate treat accented with a healthy smattering of coconut pecan icing.  The more I thought about it, the more I felt like going to buy the ingredients to make it happen.  So I went and got the mix (you didn't think I'd make it from scratch did you?), but I don't feel like cooking an entire batch of cupcakes.  Since the box calls for an odd number of eggs, I will have to halve an egg.  If you don't know how, here's a nifty trick I saw on a cooking segment.  Take a small container with a lid, like a large baby food jar or a mini-sized plastic container.  Crack the egg inside of the container and put on the lid.  Shake the container really well so the egg is all combined.  Then, just pour out half into your recipe and save the rest until you need it.  Voila!  Half an egg.  And if you'll excuse me...I've got cupcakes to make!

1 comment:

Pinup girl 07 said...

I thought I was the only person that bothered to save the other half. Try boxed cake and home made icing. Makes big difference.