What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Friday, May 13, 2011

Apples and Trees

As they say, "the apple don't fall far from the tree." My friend sent me this article about children of hoarders she saw in the NY Times. As someone who didn't live in the cleanest home growing up, I could identify with some of the issues these kids have. I can only recall 2 or 3 times my friends spent the night because our house was always a mess. Even as an adult, I don't like to have people over unless the house is clean, which it never is, so I never have company. It's not very fair to my kids, who I'm sure would love to have a sleepover. That's my goal...to have a sleepover friendly house. I'm not far away, so hopefully by the end of June I can start to break the house embarrassment cycle with my kids. It's going to take some serious work, but breaking bad habits always does, right?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/12/garden/children-of-hoarders-on-leaving-the-cluttered-nest.html?partner=rss&emc=rss
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: