What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Saturday, May 28, 2011

30-minute meals

I had a discussion with my friend yesterday and she was lamenting about how much she eats out weekly. She mentioned she's often too tired to cook when she comes home from a long day at school. I asked her what she makes for dinner, she said something crazy like duck a l'orange. I pointed out her first problem is she's doing too much. Her second was she didn't have any go-to recipes she can make quickly. So here are ten 30-minute or less (includes prep time) meals anyone can make. I'll post individual recipes on the blog in the coming days.
1. Spaghetti. A staple in my household, spaghetti takes about as long to cook as it does to boil the noodles.
2. Tuna casserole. Another go-to meal...usually made when I'm low on time or food in the fridge.
3. Grilled chicken salad. It's as easy as throwing seasoned breasts on the George Foreman, cutting up lettuce (or using bagged), and adding croutons.
4. Jambalaya. The recipe is already on the Stew, but I'll repost later.
5. Tacos. Brown ground chicken or turkey, add seasonings, scoop into a shell, add toppings. Done.
6. Chili. Simple and spicy.
7. Hamburgers and fries. Make this meal healthier by using lean meat on the grill and serving with baked sweet potato fries.
8. Oven fried chicken tenders. These cook relatively quickly and go great with a side of fries.
9. Baked salmon with rice and vegetables. Bake the salmon, boil the rice, heat the veggies.
10. Sausage and potatoes. This is a budget friendly meal and pretty filling as leftovers until next payday.

I'll post recipes for each dish in the upcoming week. Enjoy!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: