What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The TV C-o-n-spir-a-cy!

I think summertime and regular TV are in cahoots to get kids outside.  I'm sure I mentioned our current streamlined existence without cable/satellite/dish/etc.  Let me tell you, it's torture.  No Style Channel, no HGTV, no TLC, no basketball games because our house doesn't get the local channel broadcasting it.  We have about 10 channels that come in clearly, and over half of them are Public Broadcasting Stations.  There's nothing wrong with PBS, but some days I'd like to watch something other than British sitcoms or the history of pocket lint.  I think I'm going through withdrawal; I lived the first 22 years of my life with no problems only watching regular TV.  Apparently I became bourgeois, since the handful of free channels doesn't do it for me anymore.  I suppose this is my sign to turn off the boob tube and do something productive.   Good thing I still have my wi-fi hotspot...

No comments: