What's Bubbling in the Stew?
"The only thing that is ever foolish about a dream is not to act on it."
- Pat Croce

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Tennis!(?)

It's interesting what a little time sans the multitude of channels on cable can have you watching.  Hubby and I have never been avid tennis watchers, but we got into the drama of the French Open over the weekend.  I watched as Na Li garnered the first singles title for the Chinese on Saturday; he gave me the blow by blow on Sunday's Federer/Nadal match up.  We even had a chat about the style and serve of some other notable players, including Gael Monfils, one of the few formidable black male tennis players I've heard of since Arthur Ashe.  I probably won't run right out and get tickets for Cincinnati's annual Western & Southern Open, but I learned that watching large scale ping-pong isn't so bad either.

No comments: